But research conducted by theBigChoice.com shows that students see them as part of getting career with 76% saying that would undertake unpaid work.
Students say that this is to help them gain experience and build their CV in their chosen careers. Students studying marketing and journalism were most likely to consider working for free due to the competitive nature of those sectors.
Between 3rd June and 12th July theBigChoice.com surveyed 1,085 students from universities across the UK to see what students really thought of the current job market.
In tandem we quizzed 40 graduate employers for their views. From our findings we can see that 93% of the members from the Association of Graduate Recruiters now pay all their interns. This leaves 7% who currently do not.