Cogent Skills Apprenticeships : MedImmune - ATA Level 5 Technician Scientist Apprenticeship Analytical Sciences
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
If you want to build a career in science, this is an amazing opportunity to work in industry-leading laboratories at the cutting edge of drug discovery. This role in the Analytical Sciences team includes contributing to early drug development programmes by supporting the analytical characterisation of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the global Analytical Sciences team at Medlmmune Ltd (the worldwide biologics R&D arm of AstraZeneca) and to contribute to early drug development programmes by supporting the analytical characterisation of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies).
You will receive extensive training for all aspects of the role, and will be assigned your own mentor to provide help and advice during your time at MedImmune. With close guidance and mentorship, you will receive extensive training in all aspects of analytical biochemistry; supporting lot release and stability programmes, method development and fit-for-purpose assessment and product characterisation. In addition, you will be supported and funded to undertake an accredited degree course whilst working.
You will regularly perform routine analytical biochemistry methods; including (but not limited to) chromatographic techniques, capillary gel electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, UV spectrophotometry. Additionally, you will work as a member of the team to ensure reagent stocks and instruments are maintained appropriately, generate protocols, analyse, interpret and summarise data in reports and presentations.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn from industry leading scientists, working within state of-the-art laboratory facilities, to help deliver life-changing medicines to patients.
- Analytical biochemistry methods; including (but not limited to) chromatographic techniques, capillary gel electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, UV spectrophotometry, Sub visible particle assessment, pH measurement.
- Reagent and sample management.
- Equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Stability study management.
Role specific technical ability:
- Work according to established methods and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ' perform analytical testing as required.
- Demonstrate technical competence in the use of specified analytical instruments and equipment.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of all methodology and equipment relevant to individual and team goals.
- Maintain accurate and clear records of all work performed. Perform full data processing, tabulation,interpretation and presentation of results.
Role specific competencies:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and eager to learn.
- Adaptable team player, capable of working to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and clear records.
- Proactive communicator.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Maintain good and consistent working relationships with all other members of the team and other Medlmmune employees.
- Follow Medlmmune's health and safety policies at all times
Will possess 3 A levels (or equivalent), two of which must be in a science subject (ideally biology) at grade B or above. Five GCSE’s at grade C and above including Mathematics, Science and English (or equivalent).