Cogent Skills Apprenticeships : MedImmune - ATA Technician Scientist Biopharmaceutical Development Logistics Clinical Supply
Medlmmune's Logistics and Clinical Supply team are focussed on delivering our investigational new medicines to subjects in clinical trials. The group is involved in the development & manufacture of bulk medications in various dosage forms (freeze-dried solids, liquids in vials & syringes) for administration in a clinical setting, for the development of clinical trial material supply strategy for the products and for the packaging labelling and distribution of clinical trial materials worldwide
You will be responsible for:
- Specified operational activities in relation to clinical trial supply including temperature excursion management, inventory management and documentation management.
- As the apprenticeship progresses you will assume study specific responsibilities aligned to design and execution of clinical trial supply planning and delivery.
This will include items such as:
- Writing of manufacturing requests or distribution strategies.
- Analysis of data.
- Management of opportunities and risks and presentation of recommendations in reports and presentations with minimal supervision.
Through your apprenticeship you will:
- Gain experience presenting work in internal meetings as well as interacting with external vendors.
- You will be trained to function effectively and contribute actively to one or more clinical project teams in addition to providing technical support across the portfolio.
- You will receive extensive training for all aspects of the role, and will be assigned your own mentor to provide help and advice during your time at MedImmune
- In addition, you will be supported and funded to undertake an accredited degree course part-time whilst working.
- This is an amazing opportunity to work in industry-leading laboratories at the cutting edge of drug discovery.
- You will gain broad experience working within a regulated environment to deliver clinical trial medicines to patients.
- You will be exposed to a wide range of supply chain processes and techniques and gain detailed understanding in some areas (as will be governed by their individual aspirations and developing interest during the course of your apprenticeship).
- Working at the interface between product development and clinical research you will develop a broad general understanding of the entire life story of a clinical trial product within the biotechnology industry, from drug product characterization & formulation,investigational medicinal product manufacture through to use in the clinical setting.
- You will also have the opportunity if desired to gain direct laboratory experience aligned to assigned projects clinical delivery and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dynamic team, collaborating cross-functionally and globally with a clear purpose and sense of personal achievement.
Role specific technical ability:
- This position requires a well organised individual who demonstrates personal flexibility, and an ability to work accurately within broad guidance to achieve deliverables.
- The LCS Apprentice must possess good attention to detail whilst also demonstrating skills for organizing, planning, coordination, teamwork, and communication (oral, written and interpersonal).
- The preferred candidate will be computer literate (Windows Office), and able to pick up and operate new IT systems with ease.
Role specific competencies:
- This is an interactive job requiring good communication skills, combined with the ability to organize own work effectively, and to recognize where it is necessary to draw in additional expertise.
- The position requires an individual who can accurately follow standard operating processes and work instructions whilst recognising and developing opportunities for process improvement.
- An ability to respond comfortably to the differing requirements of multiple projects would be an advantage.
Will possess 3 A levels (or equivalent), two of which must be in a science subject (ideally biology) at grade B or above. Five GCSE’s at grade C and above including Mathematics, Science and English (or equivalent).