Leonardo - School Leaver : Business Apprentice - 2603
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Business Apprenticeship Programme
The 2 year Leonardo Business Apprenticeship scheme provides guaranteed learning, offering a mix of on-the-job training and formal qualifications supported by invaluable business and industry experience. We are looking for individuals that have the desire to work hard in the international defence industry, with a passion for learning and the ability to help Leonardo continue to grow and innovate in a competitive marketplace.
The placement plan is flexible, giving you the opportunity to select which areas you would like to experience and for how long. Duties may include:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Providing support to one or more of the many live projects being worked on right now and work alongside an experienced project manager and learn the fundamentals of the Project Management.
- BID MANAGEMENT: You will support Bid Managers in winning business through the generation of successful proposals and securing customer needs through a ‘Bid’ on a tender opportunity. Supporting this fast paced function will require the ability to complete time sensitive objectives.
- COMMERCIAL: Working as part of the Commercial team you will gain an insight into the exciting world of contract management, offering support to customer negotiations to secure new business and support live programmes.
- PROCUREMENT: Supporting the procurement team you will help build and maintain strategic relationships with our suppliers. Supplier relations are essential for successful and cost effective delivery on programmes.
- MARKETING AND SALES: You will be involved in securing new business for Leonardo by supporting both front end and internal marketing activity to capture profitable contracts.
- BESPOKE PLACEMENTS: Tailoring your time as an apprentice is crucial to your professional development, so Leonardo also offers you the opportunity to select areas of the business that you would like to experience as part of your programme, e.g. Export Control, Offset and Finance.
You will undertake an NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration as part of your apprenticeship. Furthermore, a significant number of Leonardo apprentices go on to undertake and complete a range of business and non-business related degrees. Leonardo is recognised for its outstanding work with apprentices, being named in the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers by the City & Guilds and the National Apprenticeship Service.
Supported by a thriving apprentice community you will be encouraged to take part in a number of extra-curricular activities; from sporting to charity events and also school engagement programmes to help you develop both your professional and personal careers.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will have the tools and experience required to discover your passion and secure a future at Leonardo. 90% apprentices complete the scheme and obtain a full time role in an area in which they will thrive, and many leaders of the business started their careers as apprentices.
What do we need from you?
2 x A Levels (Grade A* - C) one of which must be English, Maths or a Business subject
An alternative Level 3 qualification, which must be in a business related subject
GCSE (Grade 4 - 9 / Grade A* - C) in Maths and English
- Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
In delivering against these challenges, people are our greatest asset and as a Leonardo Apprentice you will broaden your horizons to a diverse range of possibilities. You will be learning while working alongside design, development, manufacturing, test and delivery and business support teams to create this cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join one of our accredited apprentice programmes and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your technical or business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered!