Marstons : Apprentice Chef
• Prepare menu items and produce meals in a consistent manner, to the brand specifications.
• Maintain portion control and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum.
• Receive and check in food deliveries.
• Work as part of a team, to produce food orders at speed in order to contribute to the full sales potential of the pub
• Support the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen, stock taking and stock rotation. Maintaining the highest level of food hygiene.
• Take responsibility to ensure that all kitchen equipment is kept clean and is working correctly.
You must have basic cooking skills, a genuine interest in food and the desire to continuously learn new skills. You will need to have a good attitude to work, be a team player and enjoy the buzz and demands of working in a busy kitchen environment.
As part of your training you will work towards an industry apprenticeship Level 2 standard in Food Production and Cooking. Your training will be in the form of work based learning, delivered both on and off the job, along with maths, reading and writing exams, there will be no need for you to attend college.
Your apprenticeship will take 12 – 15 months and will support you to develop your knowledge, skills and behaviour through a structured individual learning plan. This will provide you with an ideal grounding for a career in hospitality.
At Marston’s we pay our apprentices at least the national minimum/ living wage, which is above the standard apprentice rate. Throughout your apprenticeship programme you will be supported by the pub team, your Manager and our apprenticeship training partner, you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Once you successfully pass your apprenticeship, you can then progress further through the Marston’s learning journey and career pathway.