Prudential : Accounts Payable Administrator
At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
As an Accounts Payable Apprentice you will support a variety of tasks, from processing personal expenses for your colleagues across the business, to ensuring payment of our suppliers when they invoice Prudential. This role will have impact on both internal and external customers, and will provide the opportunity to develop in multiple processes and systems, gaining valuable experience.
The role offers the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable skills, but also offers the ability to gain an insight into many areas of the business out with the immediate team.
Your duties will include:
- Processing and auditing personal expense payments
- Resolving queries
- Building relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Invoice processing
- Providing ad hoc admin support to the team where required
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
At Prudential we help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading Life and Pensions providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
Employer website: www.pru.co.uk
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise combined with an ability to work under pressure
- Competent in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Motivation to identify areas for process improvements
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
The role would ideally be suited to a school leaver with some prior ‘work’ or ‘voluntary’ experience and with a strong interest in finance industry.
- Confident and friendly
- A fast learner
As a minimum, candidate will have A Levels / AS Levels with Maths grade B+ and English grades A-C