Prudential : Financial Reporting Apprentice
At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
As a Finance Reporting Apprentice, you will support valuation of various new and existing life insurance and pensions products. You will be expected to use MS Excel and other tools to perform in-depth numerical analysis of these products.
Finance Management, Planning and Performance (FMPP) works in partnership with the business and the wider Finance function to deliver the business plan, improve performance and make informed decisions by providing financial insight and guidance.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake numerical analysis and data manipulation using a range of software
- Prepare and document IT programs and models
- Support a variety of management reports
- Respond to technical queries
- Support project work when required
- Seek and act on opportunities to develop technical and business understanding
- Draft and maintain up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for processes
- Provide ad hoc admin support to the team where required
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
At Prudential we help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading Life and Pensions providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
Employer website: www.pru.co.uk
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT Level 3 qualification. The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise combined with an ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of MS Excel
- Strong mathematical ability
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a strong ability in mathematics and with an interest in a career in Finance. The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively. The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be keen to learn
- Experience of an office or business environment
- Experience of preparing written and verbal communications for a range of audiences
As a minimum, candidate will have one A Level in Maths or Accounting grade A*-C in addition to 5 GCSEs grades A*-C