Prudential : Internal Audit Apprentice
At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
As an Internal Audit Apprentice, you will support the team in the delivery of a range of internal audits across Prudential UK, in line with the objectives of the Annual Audit Plan. The role will also include supporting the Internal Audit Operations Team on both regular and ad-hoc tasks. Audits will include working with colleagues throughout the audit lifecycle to deliver an accurate assessment and reporting of the effectiveness of the management of risks, mitigating controls and supporting processes across the area being audited. The role will also involve engaging with members of the business to identify opportunities for improvement in those processes and controls.
Your duties will include:
- Collating and reviewing information on the business area being audited
- Supporting the Audit Lead in writing and reviewing working papers to ensure they comply with the agreed standards
- Discussing findings and draft observations with the Audit Lead and Audit Manager to verify their validity
- Supporting the Audit Lead in drafting internal audit reports, and assisting with finalising the findings and observations
- Working with the team and with business stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of existing audit actions
- Supporting the completeness of documentation within the team, and contributing to improvement initiative activities
- Providing ad hoc admin support to the team where required
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to that specific role/department.
At Prudential we help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading Life and Pensions providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
Employer website: www.pru.co.uk
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship, you will undertake the AAT Level 3 qualification. The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Competent in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook
The role would ideally be suited to a school leaver with some prior ‘work’ or ‘voluntary’ experience, and with an interest in controls & governance and the discipline of internal auditing within a large organisation.
The successful applicant will:
- Have confidence to work with people at various levels
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Be a fast learner
- Be approachable
- Be resilient
- The applicant will ideally have an inquisitive nature and be keen to learn
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 GCSEs with Maths and English A-C