Prudential : Sales Support Consultant Apprentice
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and hard-working individual who will enjoy working in a varied and fast-paced environment of Sales Support within PFP. The successful applicant must be able to work to deadlines with a high level of attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
As a SSC Apprentice you will support various teams within the sales support unit and communicate with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing. You will also learn how an employed advice team operates, whilst developing a high level of customer service and learning the importance of building effective relationships through practical application.
Your duties will include:
- Issuing letters to external providers, chasing outstanding business and working on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Providing pre appointment information packs
- Working closely with back office support teams to ensure business applications are completed
- Answering telephone queries from both Advisers/Partners
- Making out bound calls to Advisers/Partners and external companies
- Supporting lead allocation in the area
- Checking and issuing correspondence on behalf of the Adviser/Partner
This apprenticeship is a fixed term contract for 13 months upon which Prudential may decide to retain the apprentice, subject to performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to that specific role/department.
If you are interested in a career within Financial Services, the Partner Support Consultants role within PFP is a great opportunity to learn about the Advice process from the ground up. You will gain exposure to the role of an Adviser as well as understanding how all of the support functions in PFP and the wider Prudential structure fits together to provide our customers with a first class experience.
At Prudential we help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading Life and Pensions providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
Employer website: www.pru.co.uk
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Good telephone skills
- A passion to work with other people and ability to build relationships
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Moderate IT skills, experience of IT packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Able to use initiative and learn to prioritise own workload
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to contribute and desire to build a professional career
This opportunity would be perfect for a school leaver with some previous ‘work’ or ‘voluntary’ experience who has an interest in working within a busy sales environment with an ambition to broaden their knowledge and experience in this area.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Be enthusiastic, with a friendly and confident attitude
- Be self-motivated
- Not be fazed by challenges and changes
- Be a team player working with colleagues to achieve our common goal
- Willing to learn/ take ownership of own development – be a fast learner
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s or Standard Grades with good grades in English (A-C).