Prudential : Sales Support Executive Apprentice
At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
As a Sales Support Executive Apprentice, you will be an integral part of the Sales Team which is responsible for explaining our Investment and Pension Products to our customers, the Financial Advisers. It this therefore important that the successful applicant has excellent relationship building skills and good customer service skills.
As an Apprentice, you will be a key part of the team, helping to maximise sales and act as front-line support, resolving relationship issues and chasing up all outstanding queries and requirements. You will understand how an adviser operates and promote the proposition which is best suited to them. It is important that you also develop and maintain strong relationships whilst providing specialist education to the business areas that you support, plus be pro-active and spot opportunities to develop yourself and the business.
This apprenticeship will introduce you to an adviser environment and will consist of the following duties:
- Dealing with enquiries from financial advisers by telephone and email
- Chasing up outstanding queries, requirements and quotes
- Generating sales leads
- Appointment making
- Obtaining all client information from Financial Advisers for new business cases to allow the cases to progress smoothly
- Pro-actively maximise all sales opportunities/sales leads to increase revenue
- Maintaining and building relationships with advisers to obtain future business
- Educating advisers on Prudential’s processes and practices
- Managing adviser expectations in line with Prudential’s timescales
- Act as a point of contact for escalated issues in relation to Financial Advisers
- Assisting Financial Advisers in the completion of application forms
- Promoting Prudential’s online systems to make it easier for the advisers
This apprenticeship is a fixed term contract for 13 months upon which Prudential may decide to retain the apprentice, subject to performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to that specific role/department.
At Prudential we help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading Life and Pensions providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
Employer website: www.pru.co.uk
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
- A passion to work with other people and ability to build relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft IT packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have the ability to work confidently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent customer focus
- Able to use initiative and learn to prioritise own workload
- Strong organisational skills
This apprenticeship role is suitable for someone who is looking to begin a career in a sales environment but has little or no experience of the discipline, is a recent school/college/sixth form leaver. This could be a great stepping stone that leads to further sales or financial services career.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualities:
- Enthusiastic and confident attitude
- Not fazed by challenges and changes
- Willingness to learn/ take ownership of own development
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5 (previously known as Standard Grades) including Maths and English at grades A – C.