Royal Mail : Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 Apprenticeships - Light Vehicles
- Three-year programme starting January 2019
- Apprentices in England will study for a Level 3 apprenticeship standard for Technicians who service and repair light vehicles. Apprentices in Wales & Scotland will continue to study on a Level 3 framework.
- £12,400 per year (£1,033pm) to £13,900 per year (£1,158pm) starting salary dependant on age plus location allowance e.g. £325 per month inner London or £233 per month outer London and benefits
- Pay rise annually to a minimum of £27,900 per year (£2,325pm) on completion of the programme and end point assessment
- 19 weeks training with Babcock undertaken in 1-week blocks at their technical academy in Milton Keynes (accommodation and travelling costs are paid for)
- Includes driving lessons if required
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Closing date: 2 November 2018
- Assessment Centres during November 2018
- Offer dates before Christmas
- Start in January 2019
About the programme
Vehicle maintenance at Royal Mail isn’t what it used to be. Do you want to work on all makes and models of vehicle for the general public and our business customers as well as our own fleet? Join our 3 year Light Vehicle Technicians apprentice programme.
As our Royal Mail Fleet apprentice, you'll service and repair light vehicles, including petrol, diesel and electric cars and vans, working on all the systems within the vehicle. Day-to-day, you could be replacing simple parts and wheels or solving complex faults using diagnostic methods and equipment, learning everything there is to know on the job.
We service and repair approx. 50,000 commercial customer vehicles a year across 87 locations. With 47,000 vehicles – including 6,000 HGVs & Trailers, our fleet is one of the largest in the UK and our team keep it moving efficiently. We are also award winning and recognised by the industry for our determination to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
Who we’re looking for
Our Fleet Apprentices learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take individuals with a flair for mechanics and engineering, and turn them into automotive experts;
Apprenticeships are an ideal way for all young people to start a rewarding career. We have some great people working at Royal Mail Group and we are keen to inspire and support girls and women to achieve their potential in any role particularly as vehicle maintenance technicians or as engineers, and technical leaders. Watch the video to see what our current apprentices have to say
Royal Mail has a clear vision to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe and is one of the UK’s largest employers. Achieving our strategy depends on having the best possible talent at all levels in our business, supported by a culture that gives individuals the opportunity to grow and develop. We live our values and take pride in how we do what we do.
If you share our passion and want to help us deliver to c. 30 million addresses across the UK six days a week, you’ll thrive as a Royal Mail Apprentice. Whether you’re working in Royal Mail Fleet, Planning and Programmes, Finance, Sales, Fleet Management, Engineering, Logistics or Operations you’ll be pivotal to the future of Royal Mail.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Find out more and apply – positions starting in January, March and September 2019