Where we lead, the industry follows
Few things are certain in life. Economic upheaval, political crises, natural disasters – and plenty more besides – all mean the world can be full of surprises.
At Aon, we draw on the expertise of 69,000 people to help the biggest names in business plan for every eventuality – be it in pensions; general insurance; insurance; reinsurance and risk management; investment consulting; health and benefits broking and consulting; captive solutions or human capital consulting.
We are the world's #1 insurance broker, #1 provider of reinsurance and #1 in human capital consulting.
Our size, global network and emphasis on innovation mean where we lead, the industry follows.
Our graduate programmes
Applications for the 2018 Graduate Programmes will open on Wednesday 13th September 2017
Our philosophy is to employ people with the right skills and attitude to help our clients – giving them the support they need to develop and enabling them to find opportunities that play to their strengths.
As you build a successful career with us, you'll be moulded for a client-facing role, become a technical specialist in your individual area and advise our clients on our market-leading products.
Our Launch Development Programme supports your role and the objectives of the Stream you join. It will give you fantastic opportunities to grow your business knowledge, professional skills and relationships, enabling you to advance your development.
In order to distinguish ourselves from the market, our consultants need to be at the top of their game; clients rely on our expertise. The Graduate Programme will give you broad-based business acumen, as well as comprehensive knowledge of all our business solutions including:
• Industry qualifications - to help you develop technical expertise and add real value to our clients
• Knowledge sessions - we have a wealth of experienced individuals who will spend time with you explaining the make-up and technical capabilities of our business
• Hands-on learning - we will equip you with the fundamental compliance and regulatory knowledge to ensure our clients receive exemplary advice and service
Putting the knowledge you gain into practice will require skill. The professional skills development we provide is focused, commercial and experiential. It will include:
• The skills to present effectively, engagingly and professionally to internal and external audiences
• The development of advanced communication skills, which lie at the heart of everything we do
• The development of project management skills – you will be involved in running and managing projects that will actively add value to Aon
• The building of effective team-working skills through practical development and real-life experiences
• Client management development, which will require you to bring together many other skills such as communication, time management and project management
We help you to build relationships with people who have the experience, knowledge and skills that you will look to develop over time. Our business leaders are committed to your future and we encourage you to make the most of their time.
Some specific relationships we will help you develop are:
• Your graduate network – you will be introduced to graduates from all areas of the business, which will help you to build your support network from day one and navigate your way in our organisation
• A mentor – an experienced individual who can give you guidance on your career, on specific issues, or simply act as a sounding board for your thoughts
• Business seniors – there are many senior and experienced people within Aon who will take an active interest in your development
• HR, Talent Development and the Early Careers Team – they are all here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and career
To explore the technical Streams, which partner the Launch Programme, please use the links on the right of this page.
Our Graduate Programmes are extremely popular and competitive, therefore please ensure you research your application thoroughly in order to be considered, and we strongly encourage early applications.
Find out more about graduate careers at Aon HERE.