BrighterBox : Accounts Assistant
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Deliveroo for dogs
Our client cook and deliver boxes of fresh, home-cooked dog food to homes across the UK.
There are two things that matter the most:
- Helping dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives
- Leaving our customers smiling after every interaction
For every new furry customer that signs up, the company donate a much-needed meal to a less fortunate dog - always giving back!
The company has big plans for the next few years and want to build a finance function that will support the reaching of goals; strong internal and external financial processes as the business continues to grow...that’s where you come in.
Are you a hard-working, ambitious and highly analytical Accounts Assistant who can provide support to the Finance Director in building out the function?
The ideal candidate will have an accounting or finance related degree, some commercial work experience is a plus, who is keen to kick-off their career in a fast-paced start-up environment where comfort with ambiguity is a must.
This role will report directly into the Finance Director - this is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a high-growth, data driven start-up, with strong prospects of rapid career progression. In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with the Finance Director to help build out the best processes and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting
- Be given exposure to all elements of the month end management accounting close process including payroll, adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations and investor reporting
- Learn how to use Xero, the go-to accounting software for start-ups
- Undertake ad-hoc pieces of analysis to help different teams understand their cost bases, performance vs. budget and scaling opportunities/challenges
- Develop a varied set of AP skills. You will be helping to look after expense claims, business payments, cash feeds, and much more
- Implement new systems and tools to help us innovate, automate and stay ahead of the growth curve
- Degree in Accounting or another relevant field – you know a debit from a credit
- Excited about beginning a career in Finance
- Solid Excel skills
- Highly analytical
- Some experience with Xero (not necessary but would count as a bonus!)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
- Passion for numbers & start-ups
- Obsessed with dogs!
- Competitive salary & new MacBook Pro
- 24 days holiday per year (pro-rated)
- Study support for a formal qualification (CIMA/ACCA/equivalent)
- Co-working office space with meditation yurt & podcasting booth
- Weekly ‘lunch & learns’
- Friday beers, monthly socials and quarterly off-site events
- Office Dogs (Margot, Stanley & Audrey)