BrighterBox : Junior Operations Engineer
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Junior Operations Engineer
Alternative banking platform
This young start-up has recognised that it's time for a change in financial services.
Since March 2016, the team has been building a new lending & banking platform using modern technologies, offering a far faster, more flexible & cost-effective alternative to existing banking platform vendors.
Everyone who is a part of the team can contribute to its growth - everyone is supported in trying new ideas in their day to day roles and given freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses.
The ideal candidate would ideally familiar with and willing to become more familiar with:
- a pragmatic and inventive attitude to technology and service
- ?excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Cloud infrastructure providers, in particular AWS and Heroku
- ?monitoring and alerting solution configuration (we use Librato)
- expertise in using SQL in Postgres or other similar database technologies for querying data
- experience of using scripting to automate tasks (ideally using Python)
- experience of supporting Python web applications (we use Django, Angular and HTML5)
- Agile CD-based software release processes and cycles
- Support processes and frameworks such as ITIL, including client level reporting
- strong drive to create positive client relationships
- the ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
- the ability to quickly understand new technologies and applications
- the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- an understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
- work experience in the Banking or Finance sectors
- AWS Certified ideally
?Everyone who is part of the company has a voice - you are given support in trying new ideas in your day to day roles, freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses and the opportunity for team leadership in the future.