Leonardo : Graduate Assistant Campaign Manager - 2454
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
An exciting opportunity to join the Sales Team tasked to maximise order intake for the Leonardo Radar and Advanced Targeting Line of Business based in Edinburgh. Alongside structured sales training, the Graduate Assistant Campaign Manager will experience significant on-the-job training.
This role requires a candidate who can work effectively with both internal and external focus. The Assistant Campaign Manager needs to be able to develop and execute successful sales campaigns. These campaigns will need to be aligned with both customer requirements and Leonardo product strategy. The candidate will need to be a self-starter and show high levels of emotional intelligence and strong communication skills. The potential campaign manager will need to be able to grasp complex technology and business models.
- Reporting: Establishing comprehensive sales campaign plans to ensure successful delivery of planned order intake.
- Strategy and Investment: Working with product development and the delivery sector to establish strategies for the Radar and Advanced Targeting Business, to ensure technology route maps match current and emerging customer requirements.
- Provide the business with market information required for comprehensive business planning. Source market intelligence internally and externally.
- Delivery: Lead Integrated Campaign Teams and participate in Integrated Project Teams to maximise order intake. Manage the Business Winning Process.
- Partnerships: Where appropriate, recommend partners to allow more optimum business delivery.
- External Relationships: Lead the customer interface to win new business.
- Representation: Represent the interests of the Radar and Advanced Targeting business. Establish appropriate relationships and develop business opportunities within and across Leonardo. Represent the business at exhibitions, symposia and other such external events. Engagement up to CEO-level.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (oral and written, both internally and externally focussed)
- Good task management including multi-tasking under time pressure
- Efficient use of Microsoft office to support sales campaigns, reviews and briefings to a very senior level
- Works well in matrix and traditional team environments
- Desirable but not essential - Understanding of bid/tendering processes
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.