Leonardo : Graduate Hardware Engineer - 2390
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo MW Ltd Optronics design and manufacture world class infrared imaging products for use in remote sensing and thermal imaging applications including earth observation, border surveillance, search and track systems and laboratory equipment. An opportunity has arisen for a mixed signal design engineer to work in our IC design team. An opportunity has arisen to join a Mixed-Signal IC Design Team, working on custom CMOS circuits to deliver readout Infrared circuits. Applicants will have good knowledge of analogue/mixed-signal circuits and will be expected to design, simulate, layout and verify custom CMOS designs. The role also includes laboratory evaluation of designed circuits, working to established design processes. Candidates will have experienced microelectronics design through their academic studies or be motivated to progress their career in microelectronics/IC Design.
The Graduate Hardware Engineer (IC Design) will actively take part in:
- Working to design specifications.
- Completing mixed signal design and development tasks.
- Generating and completing design verification tasks and generate and capture verification evidence.
- Work to design processes and procedures.
- Complete laboratory design validation from manufactured samples.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Applicants will have a recognised or be working towards a upper second class degree in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Good analytical skills and appreciation of analogue/mixed signal circuits is essential, as well as capability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Laboratory test and measurement skills are also desirable with knowledge of CMOS technology as preferable.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Ability to work with other engineers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach.
- Ability to apply information supplied to complete design and verification tasks.
- Effective technical communicator.
- Good attention to detail.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.