Leonardo : Graduate Project Manager - 2359
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To assist in the Project Management of set tasks and small projects achieving the successful delivery of a solution that is compliant with Customer, Contractual and Legislative requirements. Take responsibility for the effective planning and management of team performance and project schedule, cost and quality for allocated work packages.
- Co-oordinating the activities of the IPT by establishing appropriate communication mechanisms, including meetings and reporting requirements.
- Establish clear success criteria/ objectives for each member of the IPT and for the IPT as a whole, identify and manage the dependencies between IPT members.
- Establish the tailored Lifecycle Management framework (Project Plans, WBS, OBS and Cost/Control Accounts) that governs the operation of the IPT
- Manage the planning, allocation and deployment of team members and workload.
- Ensuring the IPT is reviewed and adjusted in accordance with the changing needs of the Project.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and the achievement of the Project’s economic-financial objectives, ensuring maximum value creation throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project within the contractual constraints/commitments agreed with the Customer.
- Monitoring and Control of all activities and costs, defining and implementing corrective (or “recovery”) actions required to tackle any deviations from the planned activities.
- Manage and report the IPT’s activities, including representation of the IPT at contract status reviews.
- Organise and coordinate internal Phase Reviews, Customer reviews and supplier reviews and manage all resultant actions to closure.
- Conduct effective Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring that all risks and opportunities are recorded, managed and tracked to closure. Where mitigation activities are required, ensure that adequate support is provided to ensure they are undertaken.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with Suppliers throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project
- Establish and maintain Internal/ external Customer Satisfaction by developing and maintaining relationships with the Customer community throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project.
- Establish an effective partnership between the Project and the Functions.
- Flag all issues/ areas for support in a timely manor.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar environment would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Pro-active and results driven with a "can do" attitude
- Must have obtained or are predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree in one of the following disciplines, Engineering Management, Electronic Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering with Management or Management
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered!