Leonardo : Graduate Quality Engineer - 2361
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Quality Team in a Premier Defence Electronics Company. The role will be based in stunning Edinburgh where Leonardo’s Radar and Advanced Electro- Optic Targeting solutions reside.
The graduate will be trained in the undertaking a range of specialist Quality tasks in the areas of Product Teams or Quality Function; assisting business delivery and performance. Candidate will develop skills to manage their own work with limited supervision and resolve problems and queries, possibly by managing others to achieve objectives. The role includes contribution to customer and vendor aspects, working within quality planning and participating in non-conformance, corrective action and continuous improvement as a specialist in these areas.
- Contribute in delivering Equipment and Processes to Specification and Internal or Customer Requirements.
- Reporting, Analysis and maintenance of Quality Failure Incidences to closure.
Procurement and Supplier Interface assistance.
- Supporting the business processes by undertaking specialist quality work self-sufficiently, such as:
- Engineering Support and Design Reviews.
- Audit and Reporting.
- Conduct First Article Inspection / Verification acceptance.
- Final Test, Workmanship and Product acceptance.
- Quality Requirement Capture.
- Production Readiness Reviews.
- Attendance at Failure Review and Material Review Boards.
- Plan and prioritise own activities and may coordinate team activities to ensure specific instructions are completed and time is utilised effectively.
- Analyse and communicate data to support the understanding of information and decision making.
- Take ownership of and solve complex problems and enquiries without supervision to ensure satisfaction of internal or external customers and business improvement.
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline including Bachelor’s Degree minimum 2; 1 Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or Business.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered!