Leonardo : Graduate Supportability Engineer - 2382
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Imagine providing the sensor capability for a search and rescue mission, you have a broken Radar or Advanced Electro-Optical System on a Jet or Helicopter. Will you be ready in time for the next mission?
Supportability Engineering is about ensuring the customer has:
- Equipment designed to be reliable and easy to maintain; Training to enable them to use and maintain the equipment; Infrastructure, tools, manuals and test equipment used in the most challenging environments.
- This is done through analysis of the design, modelling support solutions, preparing and delivering Technical Manuals and training courses
- Supportability Engineers are involved in every phase of the product life cycle, working with design engineers, suppliers, production and customers.
The Graduate Supportability Engineer will require an understanding of all engineering disciplines so they can directly contribute to the reliability and availability of our products.
The graduate will be required to undertake a range of activities within the Supportability Engineering Function, typically:
- Reviewing field failure data to identify patterns and trends, presenting data to customers and design teams and recommending areas for improvement
- Calculating the expected Reliability of products in design and through development
- Undertaking Maintainability analysis for products in design and through development
- Assessing the expected in-service availability of our products
- Contributing to the Reliability and Maintainability Case
- Undertaking analysis to support safety assessments
- Quantifying spares requirements and through life costs
- Helping to define the support infrastructure
- Developing customer technical documentation and training
- Liaising with teams within Supportability Engineering and other functions
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including physics, mathematics, electronic engineering, systems engineering, avionics, and computer science for our technical engineering roles).
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Good understanding of electronics - components & systems
- Ability to organise data, to extract facts out of range of data formats
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good report writing ability
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
This is an office based role using display screen equipment. You will be working full time hours which can often be within a demanding environment. As part of this role you will be expected to travel in the UK and abroad, you may be expected to stay overnight as part of this travel. Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or adhoc basis will be required.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered!