RM : Graduate Analyst Programmer
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
RM's Business Systems are highly bespoke and offer a tailored fit to a very diverse business. This approach offers the business competitive advantage and agility, but requires high quality individuals to work closely with business units to solve complex problems and convert requirements into effective systems. If you are interested in finding out how a leading educational business works, as well as using the latest application development technologies, this is the job for you.
As a Business Solutions Developer you will analyse an opportunity and deliver a business solution using state of the art technology. The approach of end to end project delivery using small, high profile teams, presents team members with the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as they feel comfortable with.
- Work with a business area to understand the business opportunity
- Collect and test business requirements
- Technical solution design, including database structures, application functionality, system integration and usability
- Development using core Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, .NET (C#) and ASP.NET
- Development of and adherence to a project plan whilst working within the bounds of the departmental software development lifecycle
- Individual ownership for the quality of work, testing and support of the applications developed
- Technical development of the department, facilitated by research and training to enable delivered departmental improvements
- To work effectively in a team environment
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is a real opportunity to make a difference to the operating efficiency of a Plc. By working in a friendly team environment you can shape the current business processes to deliver immediate impact. Projects involve short timescales to produce relevant and prioritised deliverables; this means by the end of the first year you will have a real sense of achievement.
The challenging and rewarding nature of the job offers plenty of opportunity to grow and test your skills, with training and mentoring tailored specifically for the successful applicant. Support is also available towards achieving Microsoft certification.
The development environment leverages the latest technologies for new applications. These include SQL Server 2005, Reporting Services 2005 and the .NET platform (support technologies such as AJAX); using C# as the development language of choice. The changing .NET platform provides significant scope to influence the adoption and integration of new areas to the existing development environment.
We offer an excellent range of courses covering specific technical skills as well as some designed to improve soft skills such as project management and the 'Business Game'. Your manager will identify goals for you to work towards and proactively support your development.
Your progression from this role will be managed by you in partnership with your line manager. Goals will be identified to serve as realistic targets for growth and ultimately promotion. The role allows the occupant to choose a technical or managerial career path through the department to suit their strengths and aspirations.
Qualifications & Experience
A minimum of a 2:1 honours technical degree e.g. Science, Maths, Engineering or IT.
260 UCAS tariff points or equivalent.
In addition you will have
- Tenacious and imaginative approach to solving real life problems
- Confident communication and influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organising ability
- The ability to work well and be motivated by working in a team