Smith and Williamson : Private Client Tax Trainee
This job has now expired.
Please click above to view current vacancies
Our Private Client Tax Services team helps individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our client base is incredibly diverse. Today, we provide services to high-net-worth individuals, non-domiciled individuals, landed estates, trusts and professional practices.
What will I be doing?
Our Private Client Tax Services team can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also advising on domestic and international issues through our Nexia International network. The team also works closely with other practices within Smith & Williamson such as the investment managers, financial planners and pension's specialists which complement and enhance the advice we can offer.
As part of our Private Client Tax Team you will combine hands on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
Duties of the Tax Trainee role are as follows:
- Preparation of accounts and tax returns for basic trusts
- Preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities including writing to clients and 3rd parties where necessary
- Billing clients in a timely manner for the work we have carried out on their behalf
- Setting up new clients and dealing with the disengagement of departing clients
- Organisation of workload to ensure an efficient and timely service
During your three year training contract you will study for the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Taxation Adviser (CTA) qualifications.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ATT and CTA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must have or be on course for at least an upper second class honours degree in any discipline
- 320 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
Stage 1 complete our online application form
Stage 2 online verbal and numerical reasoning test
Stage 3 assessment centre
Stage 4 first round interview
Stage 5 final round interview