LOreal : Commercial Industrial Placement
If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with the Commercial team at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
Working in one of our National Accounts Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Boots or John Lewis and many more, and help strike successful business deals to provide mutually beneficial business solutions. You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers good communication is key! The role involves working closely with numerous teams within your allocated brand, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. You will also liaise closely with large clients such as Tesco, Boots or Selfridges.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Tracking and analysing sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Supporting your team/account in tailoring new launches and maximising their success
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Accurately forecasting promotions and launch quantities
- Taking on and managing your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailer
- Working with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand.
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A results driven mentality with an ability to achieve set objectives
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Interest in the beauty industry and upcoming trends
- Confident in presenting
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure.
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers.
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply, if you are eligible for the role you will be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).