LOreal : Consumer Market Insights Industrial Placement
As L'Oréal’s Consumer & Market Insights intern, you’ll be using data to analyse and diagnose market dynamics. You need to be a whizz with numbers and data, but also a creative problem solver, drawing new and actionable insights for the business from these numbers.
You will be expected to ensure that CMI activities are executed accurately and advance the business objectives. You should be the voice of the consumer, helping to provide insight to facilitate business decisions. You will provide support on key CMI Market Intelligence projects, adding value to these projects through your Project Management skills and your understanding of continuous research.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Helping to support the day to day relationship with key continuous research agencies
- Training and educating the business, across marketing, commercial, category development, etc., in the understanding and utility of our data resources
- Managing tracking and delivery of market KPIs to the business on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensuring continuous regular reporting and ad hoc requests are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Understanding how to analyse and interpret data that ultimately adds value and insight to the business
- Remaining open-minded and creative to provide key learnings and recommendations to the business supported by market insights
- Helping all areas of the business with their data requests around the market and our competitors
- Staying up to date with developments in the industry, with particular attention to trends, social media, consumer behaviour and data/analytics tools
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you should have a passion for consumers and market research, together with an analytical mind and strong data skills. You must be able to demonstrate a team-orientated approach to work, in addition to the following:
• Highly computer literate with advanced Excel skills
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast paced environment
• A passion for data, structured analytical approach and consistent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively taking into account deadlines
• Experience working proactively, using own initiative
• A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
If you have met the benchmark for the online assessment and you are applying to a Marketing, Digital Marketing, CMI or PR role you will then be emailed a further link to a Digital Marketing test.
The Digital Marketing test which we are using is a tool to understand the depth of your knowledge in Marketing. It is quite a challenging test and we don’t expect you to get all the questions right, but it will give us an indication as to where your skills and development areas lie.
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).