LOreal : Digital Marketing Industrial Placement
As a pioneer in Digital Marketing, L’Oréal is the place to learn how it’s really done! As digital becomes ever more important in all aspects of life, the skills you learn on this placement will be a valuable asset in the modern job market.
As a Digital Marketing Intern you will use your skills to help market our products and engage our audience. You’ll be writing content for social media and email, as well as managing creative campaigns to interact with our users and optimize our website for our consumer use. There’s no guaranteed formula for success - you’ll be trialling campaigns and assessing results to help guide our long-term vision.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Assisting your team in the management of brand website updates – Banners, content, brand hubs, and catalogue
- Working with website analytics and reporting on trend, social analytics and competitor analysis
- Managing stakeholders both internally and externally
- Collating and presenting monthly performance, including recommendations on improvements and testing
- Managing Social media campaigns, moderation and social listening
- Implementing SEO best practice
- Working with sales and marketing team on brand eCommerce and eRetailer catalogue update
- Assist in the development of eRetail brand shops and campaigns
- Working with media agencies to support the delivery of marketing digital campaigns, including supplying of assets, links and reporting
- Regularly generating, analysing, interpreting and communicating traffic against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will need to be:
- High attention to detail with a data-driven mind set
- Enjoy using and implementing statistics to solve problems and suggest improvements
- Creative, with an eye for web site design & usability
- Demonstrate an ability to manage projects, focus on achieving objectives, adjust priorities, manage time and follow up on actions
- A media/digital enthusiast who currently has their own active social profile on multiple platforms as well as a demonstrable interest in social media new and developments
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
If you have met the benchmark for the online assessment and you are applying to a Marketing, Digital Marketing, CMI or PR role you will then be emailed a further link to a Digital Marketing test.
The Digital Marketing test which we are using is a tool to understand the depth of your knowledge in Marketing. It is quite a challenging test and we don’t expect you to get all the questions right, but it will give us an indication as to where your skills and development areas lie.
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).