LOreal : Events Industrial Placement
Running a successful event is the best adrenaline rush. You need to be on the ball, able to think on your feet and respond quickly to developing situations, but there is no better feeling than seeing guests enjoying the event you have worked so hard to create. If you don’t fancy sitting at a desk nine to five, then L'Oréal’s Events Internship is a role you can throw yourself into.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you will be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
How you'll expect to spend your day
Assisting with all organizational aspects of events such as the L’Oréal Colour Trophy and Fashion Week:
- Liaising closely with top hairdressers, salons and artists
- Organising travel and logistics for teams
- Sending out call sheets
- Ordering collateral/branding
- Booking venues and ensuring contracts are in place
- Assisting with the running of events onsite
- Researching specific events and ad hoc projects and reporting back findings and presenting to senior management.
Booking rooms and manage the invitee lists for trade events and ensuring employees are receiving their invitations and any other communication relating to these events.
- Raising purchase orders, recording and tracking spend to ensure all projects are run within budget.
- Updating and analyzing data
- Booking and handling of complicated event logistics
- Sending out itineraries on time & writing letters
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have a keen interest in events and the hairdressing industry
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).