LOreal : Finance Industrial Placement
As a billion pound company success often stems from managing the P&L effectively. At L’Oréal finance is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
You will be placed in one of our 34 brands and become an integral part of the team using all major financial software programmes i.e. Salesforce, SAP and Magnitude. The role will test and develop your financial awareness, business acumen and interpersonal skills. You will undertake projects (e.g. cost cutting project) alongside your day to day duties and ad hoc report requests.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling/ensuring financial discipline.
- Financial assistance to Marketing Controller and marketing teams on a day to day basis.
- Analysing, reporting and ensuring correct procedures are enforced
- Provide key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information
- Using your initiative to manage growth and contribution to everything from product launches to pricing strategies.
- Full ownership of month end media reconciliation, looking at actuals to media plans. Involves liaising with our external media company to ensure the correct media costs are taken within the month.
- Assist in smooth closure of the month end process; ensuring costs are accounted for correctly within the P&L by running SAP reports and liaising with the marketing and purchasing teams.
- Communication of weekly statistics to the marketing teams.
- Calculation of month end commission on media to send to the advertising agency for billing.
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong technical skills along with an ability to analyse and draw conclusions from complex data, use this insight to provide reasoned recommendations
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel with the aptitude to learn more
- Enjoy seeking new and creative solutions to business problems and using financial skills to approach these with an objective and rational view
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a multi-functional environment,
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with your business partners outside the Finance function
- Be able to operate in a fast moving environment, who can adapt to changing deadline
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply, if you are eligible for the role you will be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).