LOreal : PR and Communications Industrial Placement
For a company like L'Oréal, press coverage and PR events are at the heart of everything we do. Representing our 35 international brands, each with its own voice is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you’ll be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
Working in the press office, you will help us to portray our brands in the best way possible to the press. This may include liaising day to day on specific products or offers to readers, or managing large-scale events. As an intern, your principal accountability would be to provide support to the press office in ensuring the smooth running of day to day business. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team, with exposure to senior management.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Managing product mail-outs
- Management of media lists
- Handling press calls & liaising with journalists
- Scheduling reader offers and make-overs
- Monitoring newspapers and magazines for coverage and scanning for distribution for teams
- Ordering of product, stationary orders, post and couriers & press cuttings
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the beauty business
- Understanding of communications tools
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- Have a technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
If you have met the benchmark for the online assessment and you are applying to a Marketing, Digital Marketing, CMI or PR role you will then be emailed a further link to a Digital Marketing test.
The Digital Marketing test which we are using is a tool to understand the depth of your knowledge in Marketing. It is quite a challenging test and we don’t expect you to get all the questions right, but it will give us an indication as to where your skills and development areas lie.
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).