LOreal : Purchasing Industrial Placement
As a billion pound company success often stems from not just the Marketing and Commercial teams, but also all the back-end functions which help to make the business move as smoothly as possible. At L’Oréal, Purchasing is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
As the Purchasing Intern you will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of purchasing initiatives. This includes new product launches and promotional activities across all UK retailers. It is a key position within a busy team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager. You will work closely with the marketing team and liaising with external suppliers and retailers.
How you'll expect to spend your day
- Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling and ensuring adherence to contracts
- Using your initiative to develop meaningful Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from complex and varied sources, and report in a timely manner to the wider finance team
- Liaising with a complex and diverse stakeholder groups to inform and educate about purchasing initiatives
- Daily management of key indirect spend category of travel and accommodation, identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce cost and enhance service
- Providing key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information to take business decisions and / or shape L'Oréal policy
- Analysing, reporting on and exploring new areas of opportunity for the L’Oréal Purchasing Team, primarily through manipulating Microsoft Excel data
- Supporting and assisting the maintenance of data and documents pertaining to the performance and objectives of the Purchasing Team
- Providing support to other members of the Purchasing Team on sourcing initiatives as and when required
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply, if you are eligible for the role you will be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).