LOreal : Talent Acquisition Industrial Placement
The driving force behind any successful business is the people and at L’Oréal people are the core of everything we do. It has never been more important to find the right talent to make innovations and decisions to push the business to be the best.
You need to be a people person; you’ll need the emotional intelligence it takes to work with a wide variety of people and solve problems that arise. There will also be opportunity to help with the learning and development of staff too, making this a busy but rewarding role. You will be required to provide a high level of customer service to both candidates and the internal managers alike.
We will give you the opportunity to get a true flavour of the world of Human Resources with a specific focus on talent acquisition and development.
How you'll expect to spend your day
Providing support to the recruitment processes for graduates and interns:
- Screening CVs, setting up interviews
- Organising assessment centres
- Coordinating and managing assessment centre days to ensure they run smoothly
- Responding to candidates with offers and feedback
Offering support to the planning and execution of the Brandstorm Marketing Competition in the UK
- Events management and coordination of multiple events
Be an integral part of the campus activity
- Organising and attending campus presentations
- Working with internal stake holder to ensure commitment is met
Managing mailbox and phone queries from prospective candidates and guide them through the application process
Executing your own project to help increase diversity within L’Oréal
Help to manage and grow our social media presence
Helping to create content, book in and assist on the training for graduates and interns
Updating new and existing job roles and descriptions to fit the business’s needs
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong team player approach with the ability to network.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency.
- You may be required to travel to our other office locations frequently during this internship.
One must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Once you click apply, if you are eligible for the role you will be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).