Summary of the job roleResponsible to: Manager and Room Leader.
Hours: Will vary based on weekly rota.
Wage: Will start at apprentice minimum wage however upon review/meetings and appraisals this will be changed.
We offer an excellent training schedule – from the moment you join us, your training won’t stop!
Social Events: Our nurseries are happy, friendly places to work and give staff immense job satisfaction. There are many opportunities for social events – fun and theme days, theatre visits, charity fund raising, park and farm visits, to name but a few.
Applicants must have good communication and interpersonal skills. You must be reliable, willing to learn, able to follow instructions well and able to work in a team.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:·
• Assist with proving a safe environment· Competent and effective with settling in· Managing behaviour· Assisting with and ensuring unit is clean and tidy, meals are served appropriately, ensuring general cleanliness of children at all times· Ensuring environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays·
Be familiar with all nursery policies and procedures.
• Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with children and have some knowledge and understanding of what working in a childcare environment entails. We are looking for someone hardworking, committed and lively with a bubbly personality.
• Work with staff to create a happy, safe, fun and enjoyable environment for all children allowing them to fully grow up and develop themselves.
• Use the EYFS to plan activities, track progress and give the children the freedom to choose activities of their own free will.
• Allow a series of child-led and adult led activities in a day
• Give the children freedom to explore whilst knowing how to keep them safe and away from harm.
• Contribute and give fresh idea’s whilst having meetings to make the nursery better.
• Attend scheduled meetings set by management including training and parents evenings.
• Keep a professional relationship with staff, management and parents at all times
• Have good communication skills but be friendly, bubbly, enthusiastic, and energetic.
• you must be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to work with children 0-5 years old and be willing to undertake relevant training towards a Hopscotch and Ofsted approved childcare qualification.
• Fantastic opportunity to start your childcare career within a group of premier nurseries with the prospect to gain further responsibility and promotion once qualified
• Have a friendly personality.
• Be able to talk openly and confidently and give new ideas.
• Be enthusiastic about wanting to work with children