Our company in a nutshell
We are website and print magazine written by and for university students in the UK. We also provide them training, guidance and opportunities to develop - such as interviewing personalities, running their own campaign on a theme (e.g. male mental health currently running!), get press passes and review art exhibitions, films, albums and much more!
Our Junior Section Editors and Assistant Section Editors are working with us part-time and, with our guidance, are given the chance to develop their section and their contributors.
We work with students from all over the UK to publish the best news, opinions and features. Not only this, but we've also helped our student writers to secure proper jobs in the real world, with some of our writers going on to work for The Times, MTV, The Guardian or the NME.
What we cover
- A network of 600+ contributors, 300,000 visits per month, almost entirely written by students
- 3x print magazines per academic year with 30,000 reach per issue distributed in 40+ university campuses across the UK
Themes covered in each section depend on the news and student interests. Working with The National Student
- News - Student, National & International news, Weird, In-depth, Science
- Culture - Music, Film, TV & audio, Art & design, Books, Theatre & comedy
- Sport - Football, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Cycling and more
- Lifestyle - Travel, Fashion, Beauty, Gaming, Technology, Festivals
As part of the BigChoice Group, you will get to work alongside a team of professionals dedicated to the student experience - from finding the right university to on-the-job training and finding their first job.
We have a good work-life balance and love going to the pub together.
At HQ, there's Netflix in the breakout area and a playstation (yes, that's right!), an awesome coffee machine and some of us go to the gym next door together. We also have a few feeders in the office so beware of your waistlineâ€¦Cake is frequent.