Company HQ location: London, Greater London
Industry: Charity & voluntary
No of employees: 200
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. Ambitious about Autism provides services, raises awareness and understanding, and campaigns for change. We offer specialist education and support through TreeHouse School, The Rise School and Ambitious College.
Our ambition is to make the ordinary possible for a greater number of children and young people with autism.
We work to make the ordinary possible for every child and young person with autism in the UK. Together at Ambitious about Autism, we achieve this through our schools, colleges and our charity work.
Our students are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our ambition, find out more about us and become a part of #TeamAmbitious.
At Ambitious about Autism, our people are an asset and we are committed to investing in building capabilities and empowering our staff to take ownership of their own development, supported by the organisation.
We believe all staff have the potential to grow, both professionally and personally, and we endeavour to provide you with opportunities to achieve growth. Responsibility for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is split between line managers, the Executive Leadership Team, School and College Leadership teams and individual staff members.
We recognise that individuals learn in different ways, and therefore we offer training activities which may include:
- Identifying and teaching good practice
- Group discussion
- Deputising responsibilities
- e-learning/computer based training
- Visits to other schools, colleges and charities
- Internal/external training courses and seminars
Ambitious about Autism provides all our staff with a comprehensive core and role specific induction, offering internal and external courses for technical or specialist training for skills that our staff will require for their job.
Some examples of our CPD offerings:
- Programmes leading to a Professional and/or Academic Qualification (e.g. Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst - BCaBA)
- Programmes specifically tailored to aspects of Management.
- Training to meet Legal Requirements
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Professional Memberships (we will reimburse the cost of professional membership fees required for your role - in line with our Staff Expenses Policy)
We are experts
We are open
We value difference
We are ambitious
We are team players
Generous annual leave allowance
Annual staff awards ceremony
Employee Assistance programme
Season ticket and bike loan