The Role: Graduate Opportunity - Transport Planner Location: Warwick Salary: £22-k28k + excellent benefits
The Company Our client is a successful import business providing a high level of service to B2B customers across Europe and is a pivotal link in the supply chain between their clients and the public supplying a seamless logistics service. Their reputation and success is built on exemplary customer service and due to their continued growth they are looking for Transport Planner to join their busy team in the Warwick area and provide support to the logistics team, it is an opportunity that would suite a recent graduate keen to explore an opportunity in the logistics field and develop their professional career. This is a great opportunity to be play a key part in a successful growing business.
The Role of Transport planner
* As our transport planner you will join a busy logistics team, providing logistic support services through 3rd party logistics providers.
* As Transport Planner you will assist and support the logistics team in planning and implementing the sea and road freight logistic schedules.
* You will assist the logistics team to ensure the smooth operation of the logistics process, through the planning, import procedures, scheduling movement and invoicing, this could be chasing for information to co-ordinating with logistic providers their services, keeping track of deliveries and updating client information accordingly.
* As Transport Planner you will ensure the IT system is regularly updated with all logistics information.
* You will develop positive working relationships across our team based in the Midlands and our remotely based quality team.
* The Successful Transport Planner
* We are open to exploring the possibility of a graduate seeking their first or second commercial role in the logistics sector, ideal degree disciplines other than logistics, geography, languages, business management.
* Alternatively this role could suit a transport planning professional used to working in a busy logistics planning/support role, ideally with experience of sea and road freight sector
* Your organisation skills will be second to none.
* You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage across all levels of a business.
* You will have the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure to a very high standard.
* It would be advantageous to speak European languages other than English, however this is desirable and not essential.
* You will have strong IT skills.
* The ideal candidate will have a positive, cheery and can do personality and attitude - team fit is –key, you will enjoy working in a small team environment.
* This role would suit an individual who is keen to develop themselves as our business also grows