Filter through our graduate jobs to find your dream job
Service desk analyst x
This may change in the near future - don't miss out! Create your account and our tailored job alerts will make sure you're the first to know about new jobs that fit your criteria.
As a service desk analyst you will interact with customers to perform a variety of tasks to try and resolve their queries.
The role involves:
- Providing first line technical support to customers via phone and email
- Dealing with issues for hardware. e.g. servers, computers, printers and software programmes
- Enquiring about the problems and explaining possible solutions
- Dealing with common technical issues e.g. changing passwords
- Using specialised diagnostic programmes to resolve network problems
- Updating knowledge bases with details of basic problems that customers can view online
- Using helpdesk software to log calls with descriptions of issues, progress made and the results/solutions
- Passing calls on to the next point of contact (2nd line support analysts) if the problem is more complex
- Arranging for a technician to visit the customer if your solutions have failed