Our company in a nutshell
The RSC is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing the chemical sciences. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
Our Experience / Expertise:
We are a leading international organisation dedicated to advancing the chemical sciences and if you are passionate and enthusiastic about science, we would like to hear from you.
Our activities focus on addressing the key issues facing society today, such as providing a clean, sustainable environment, enhancing the quality of peoples’ lives and increasing prosperity.
As a member of the RSC team you will be involved in ambitious strategies that are instrumental in the growth of the organisation.
Career Opportunities & Training:
The RSC has a broad range of diverse career opportunities. Our teams are highly motivated and successful with our employees citing 'the people' as the best thing about working at the RSC. Working for the RSC provides a great opportunity to keep up to date with the latest developments in science without working in a lab. You will have the opportunity to manage your own development and take advantage of incredibly diverse career opportunities across the whole organisation. Your career could take many directions into areas such as publishing, education, conferences or science policy.
We have more than 47,000 members and are at the heart of a worldwide network of 300,000 scientists. Our award-winning publishing business and international conferences ensure that top scientists around the world rely on us for the latest scientific information. Our highly acclaimed education resources help teachers inspire the next generation of chemical scientists and we campaign to support a thriving science base.
- 26 days paid holiday per annum and bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- 35 hour working week
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Free Life Assurance at 4 times basic salary
- Free Private Healthcare Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 'Eyecare at Work' Scheme
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant - Thomas Graham House, Cambridge
- Lunch allowance paid to staff in Burlington House, London
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme - conditions apply
- Car/Motorcycle Loan Scheme - conditions apply
- Staff Sports and Social Club - Thomas Graham House, Cambridge
- Membership subscription to your professional body
- Training and development
- Relocation expenses (if relevant)
- Free car parking - Thomas Graham House, Cambridge
- Long Service and Excellence awards
- Staff Flats
- Royal Academy of Arts Tickets