Summary of the job role
The Medical Defence Union have a paid internship opportunity for an IT / Computing (or related subject) student to work with us in our Canary Wharf office for a fixed 12 months period in our IT Help Desk team.
We are looking for candidates that have a passion for customer service and relish the challenge of working in a fast past environment.
This opportunity will provide the successful candidate great experience in the IT sector with invaluable training on the job with exposure to latest technologies.
- Responding to IT support queries and requests from staff
- Install and configure IT hardware and software
- Administration duties in line with the daily checks
- Provide staff training where required
- Logging and updating tickets on the IT ticketing system
- Liaising with third parties to arrange appointments and external support
- Ensure IT policy and procedures are adhered to by the business to ensure the integrity of the network
- Starter / Leavers account management
- Maintain a high degree of customer service
- Represent and portray the IT Department in a positive manner at all times
- Escalation of incidents and queries to the relevant team / colleagues / manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- IT/Computer specific qualification or studying towards.
- Basic knowledge of IT Hardware and systems
- Good listening and communication skills
- Passion for great customer service
- Technical aptitude for learning and applying new technology